Nintendo used to be a benchmark in gaming back in the day and it still is today to some extent. It gave us a lot many great games and continues to do so. The 3DS is a great gaming console and today we shall see how to run 3DS games on a PC using the Nintendo 3DS Emulator.
Nintendo 3DS is arguably the best handheld gaming console. It was announced back in 2010 and has a lot of great features. It can display stereoscopic 3D effects without 3D glasses. Now, if you don’t have the console, you can still play the games.
This is possible with the help of the Citra Nintendo 3DS Emulator APK. The app is officially available on the PC platform. We will show you how to download and install the app on a PC.
Nintendo 3DS Emulator for Windows
Citra has developed the Nintendo 3DS emulator that allows you to play 3DS games on a PC. It is available for the Windows, Mac, and Linux Platforms. This part of the post contains the Windows download procedure. Below, we have given the steps to download and install the emulator on your Windows PC.
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the official website from this link.
- After you reach the website, you will see the homepage of Nintendo 3DS Citra.
- The download links are right there in the middle of the page.
- Click on the download link, and it will take you to the download page.
- Besides, you need a 64-bit OS on your PC to run this software.
- Click on the “Download for Windows x64” button and the download will start in a second.
- Once the download is complete, you have to double-click on that file.
- The installation will begin and you need to follow the instructions to properly install the app.
This way, you can easily download and install Nintendo 3DS on a Windows PC. Keep in mind that it will not have the 3DS games but you have to download them from a different website.
Nintendo 3DS Emulator for Mac
MacOS is the second most popular OS for desktops and laptops. Citra Nintendo 3DS is available for download on MacOS too. Here are the steps.
- Visit the Citra official website by click this link.
- Click the “Download for…” button to go to the download page.
- There will be a “Download Nintendo 3DS” button for Windows.
- Below it, you need to click on “Other platforms”.
- Doing that will show you the download links for MacOS and Linux as well.
- Finally, click the Download link for the Mac to get the setup file.
- Once you have the setup file, you have to move it to the Applications folder on your home screen.
That will install the Nintendo 3DS Emulator for PC on your Mac. Now, we’ll see some of the features that the app has to offer.
Nintendo 3DS Citra Features
As I have already told you, you can play Nintendo 3DS games on your PC. Now, you have already seen how to install the app, so let’s see what you can do with this app.
- Citra 3DS Emulator is an open-source app that works on PCs running Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
- It is work-in-progress that started in early 2014 and still has developers working on it to make it better.
- The software is free to download and install. You just have to get the files of the games and then you can play them without any disturbances at all.
- It can play most of the games without breaking a sweat. But it struggles with some of the heavy games.
- Nevertheless, it is a great app to play 3DS games on and there are no ads in the app whatsoever,
These were some of the features of Nintendo 3DS and you are bound to find some new ones once you start using the app. You can set up the different parameters of the software in order to run the different games smoothly.
With this, we’d like to conclude this discussion on Citra Nintendo 3DS Emulator. We have explained the articles in an easy manner and now you can get the app easily. If you have any questions that you need to ask about the app, then we will help you at APKPie.